EMBA 2016 Strategic & Innovative Projects
An important part of the Executive MBA in MoT program is the 500 hours Innovative and Strategic Project participants have to carry out in new ventures or in established companies.
Our warmest thanks to the companies hosting them!
All these Innovative & Strategic Projects are briefly presented below:
Projects carried out in established companies:
- Investigation on potential of the manufacturing of new turbine by new material at ABB
- Maximizing value capture from innovation, at Corning Inc.
- Analysis of the hurdles and opportunities of the Orphan Drug Market and design of strategic tools to assess and monitor new opportunities at Debiopharm International SA
- Digital Industrial – EXILANT Technologies was planning to spin-off its IES division as a separate P&L. This research followed the opportunities that the IES division had and was intended to provide investors a detailed insight into the challenges, adaptability within a firm and on the evaluation on white spaces in products and services to enable digital Industrial in engineering and industrial organizations
- Analysis of the Intellectual Property (IP) Awareness and capabilities at Ferring Pharmaceuticals. Based on the findings, a set of strategic proposals was defined and prioritized for the IP department
- Definition of an approach for Givaudan to embrace Digital Business by leveraging new technologies and using adaptive methodologies.
- Analyze the marketing challenges of the Swiss watch industry, identify growth drivers and provide high-level recommendations, at Gucci.
- Introducing Agility into a Traditional NPD Process and Culture, at Honeywell.
- Evaluate an IoT platform concept for smart infrastructures (electricity, water, gas…) from use cases up to portfolio definition, for Landis+Gyr.
- Leclanché Opportunity Scoring Tool (LOST)
- MPS as Enabler of Digital Transformation at Lexmark International Technology Sàrl.
- Development of Nestlé corporate video platform serving for educational and learning purposes. Concretely, the goal was to encourage the usage of short video messages that employees can create and that will be available 24/7 for everyone in the Company who is searching for a certain expertise in a particular field.
- The implementation of Big Data solutions within Enterprises in Suisse Romande, for Redsen-Consulting
- New Product Introduction Process in Biotech / Pharma industries, at Roche HLR
- Strategy of Romande Energie SA in the emergent fields of Smart, Efficiency and Innovative services.
- In this SIP the new business model of the SERES group companies (environmental equipment R&D and production) was analysed with the aim to develop the strategic framework of profiting from the innovation. The global strategy of SERES group was developed to provide air quality analysis online services (data-driven) through SN and IoT.
- Bringing an innovative support tool from idea to market. This new product allows support organizations to solve customer incidents quicker and at the same time to save travel costs, for SWISSTXT.
Projects carried out in Public/International Organizations:
- Study how technology can be used to reinforce efficiently direct democracy processes in Switzerland. From guidelines to proof of concept, at Avenir Suisse
- Analysis and implications of the CERN strategy for PSTN to VoIP transition
- Implement business model innovation (BMI) in CSEM SA, a private research and technology institute. CSEM is a technology transfer company and as such has no one product, moreover it partly private and partly public funded company with many stakeholders making it a complex and interesting BMI to study
- This project analyzed a commercialization strategy for the novel technology of synthetic diamond micro-structuring developed at EMPA. Market entrance, scaling aspects and optimal business model were evaluated
- Design thinking was applied for next generation photovoltaics to transfer the technology from EPFL laboratory to a market. The market analysis was carried out for the concept. And a roadmap and strategies were built for each customer segmentation
- Design of the future Digital Learning Environment for the EPFL EMBA This was done in the context of an evolution in terms of branding, positioning and structure of the program. The aim was to understand how the new environment impacts and can be integrated in the pedagogical strategy of the program on one hand and provide a visibility of the resources required for its deployment on the other hand. A deep analysis of the current processes and eLearning requirements combine with a benchmark of possible solutions were necessary to build the final recommendations
- Exploration and evaluation of a path from invention to construction business for the Mesh-Mould Fabricator, a patented technology at ETH Zürich in the Information Technology Architecture Department. The technology will ultimately bring autonomous robotic on site construction to the industry
- Analysis of market needs for IEC continuing education programs, FHNW
- Benchmarking, assessment of new risks areas to be implemented at GAVI
- Harnessing Innovation using the Star Model approach from J. R. Galbraith – Organizational design of the new Project Engineering and Integration Department (GD) at SRG SSR. The project demonstrates, using a practical approach, the benefits of designing business departments according to strategic objectives and delivering real added value for the business in the process
Projects carried out in Start-up companies:
- Business Opportunity in Serious Adverse Drug Reactions, an ultra-orphan disease, at DermAbiotech
- Business Plan for a Managed Service Provider in Hybrid IT and CyberSecurity, at FMA Conseils
- Strategic Partnership, M&A and Series B funding, at KB Medical
- Developping a Web based platform to manage micro-jobs and freelance work for niche market of part-time jobbers on the IT and digital marketing segments, at KVELL.